[Freeswitch-users] Asterisk and Freeswitch co-existence?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat May 9 18:16:45 PDT 2009

Lars Zeb <larclap at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What changes to the Freeswitch config files do I need to make so that it can
> co-exist with the Asterisk box on the same LAN?  I don't mean collaborate or
> interoperate, just co-exist.  I know I need to change the SIP port number.

Why do you need to change the SIP port? If Asterisk and FreeSITCH are running
on different machines, you shouldn't have to modify anything, other than to
configure phones for use with FreeSWITCH.

If they're running on the same machine, then you will need to change the SIP
port of one or the other, and that's all you should need to change.