[Freeswitch-users] Stops accepting calls when idle for four minutes

Greg Thoen gregt at cgicommunications.com
Fri May 8 09:33:34 PDT 2009

[Just learning Freeswitch, but I really did search this list looking
for my answer for awhile]

I compiled the latest trunk release from svn two days ago. I have a
DID from flowroute.com pointing to it. Added the flowroute IP to
acl.conf.domains and added flowroute.xml to conf/sip_profiles/
internal/ with:
<include>
         <gateway name="flowroute">
           <param name="username" value="USERNAME"/>
           <param name="from-domain" value="sip.flowroute.com"/>
           <param name="password" value="PASSWORD"/>
           <param name="extension" value="USERNAME"/>
           <param name="realm" value="sip.flowroute.com"/>
           <param name="proxy" value="sip.flowroute.com"/>
           <param name="expire-seconds" value="3600"/>
           <param name="register" value="true"/>
           <param name="retry-seconds" value="3600"/>
         </gateway>
  </include>

Start up freeswitch and it works! Dialing into the flowroute number
connects, everything works exactly as expected. But if I don't call in
for four minutes, it stops taking accepting the call. Freeswitch has
not crashed, it seems up and running; but nothing is even logged when
I try to call. It's as if it never reaches freeswitch.

Shutdown and restart Freeswitch, and again it works. It will continue
to work as long as I call in every minute or so. If I wait four
minutes and then call in again, the call never makes it to Freeswitch
again.

Oddly, I have another test machine running Freeswitch 1.03 release and
a nearly identical setup with the flowroute number, and it works fine
all the time.

Anyone think they can point me in the right direction?
--
Greg