[Freeswitch-users] SRTP Error "auth check failed"

Helmut Kuper helmut.kuper at ewetel.de
Fri May 8 05:01:05 PDT 2009

Hello again,

I spent some more time investigating the problem. The scenario seems to
be always the same:

- -Phone A calls Phone B on PSTN (OpenZAP+Sangoma) via FS.

- -Call is established and Phone A has a (G722)SRTP connection to FS.

- -After a while (e.g. 14 minutes or 11 minutes or 10 minutes) a call
comes in for Phone A from Phone C via PSTN

- -FS tries to ring Phone A. Phone A response with "User Busy"

- -FS sends "User-Busy" via PSTN to Phone C.

- -Right after OpenZAP channel to Phone C is down, FS detects a "Error:
SRTP unprotect failed with code 7 (auth check failed)" (This happens
only if a total of 9 srtp errors occurs before)

- -Connection from Phone A to Phone B is unbridged by FS

- -PSTN-connection is disconnected with "NORMAL_CLEARING"

I analysed a time period of  5 weeks. By now I detect this problem only
for exact the scenario I described above. It seems that the problem
applies only to call durations >9-10 minutes and of course SRTP.

I'm on actual svn trunk.

regards
helmut

On 08.05.2009 11:29, Helmut Kuper wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>
> no, during conversations calls were desconnected.
>
> regards
> Helmut
>

> On 07.05.2009 17:09, Brian West wrote:
>> Were they on hold for a bit?
>
>> /b

- --

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Helmut Kuper
Finanzdienstleistungen und Entwicklung
Telefax: (0441) 8000-2799
mailto:helmut.kuper at ewetel.de
___________________________________
EWE TEL GmbH
Cloppenburger Straße 310
26133 Oldenburg
EWE TEL GmbH

Handelsregister Amtsgericht Oldenburg HRB 3723
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Heiko Harms
Geschäftsführung: Hans-Joachim Iken (Vorsitzender), Dr. Norbert Schulz,
Dirk Thole
Homepage: http://www.ewetel.de