[Freeswitch-users] Originate - using own uuid

Simon Tang simon at airg.com
Thu May 7 14:18:07 PDT 2009

Abcdefg was an example...I was suggesting that I can guarantee
uniqueness forever and if I collide, it's my fault and I take the
consequences :)

Anyway, I will use create_uuid...I was exploring this option before
because I thought I couldn't use create_uuid because I made some wrong
assumptions.

I was assuming that I wouldn't get the response for the create_uuid
because I would have applied a Unique-ID filter for the existing session
prior to calling create_uuid, which in turn, would filter out the uuid
response.  But this assumption was incorrect because the UUID *is* the
response to the "api create_uuid" call and won't be filtered and is only
visible on the socket it was called on (and not others).