[Freeswitch-users] help with mod_conference stability

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:25:26 PDT 2009

You should rule out the network problems first, which sound more likely.

you can reduce the overuse of JS if you transfer the call to a regular
extension with a dynamic regex.

session.execute("transfer", "conf-xyz");

then make a regex in your xml dialplan to pick up ^conf-(.*) and execute
conference $1

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Stephen Crosby <stevecrozz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Forgot to add that my OS is Ubuntu 8.04LTS (hardy heron).
>
> --Stephen
>

> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Stephen Crosby <stevecrozz at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I know I'm not on svn trunk, but this is a production server and it's just
>> not feasible to update it constantly. I can update it though if you think I
>> need to. I am routing callers to the conference app with javascript like
>> this:
>> session.execute("conference", xyz);
>> Can you tell me more about the problems I could have?
>>
>> The machine running freeswitch has 1024MB memory and I'm not sure about
>> the CPU since its a VPS.
>>
>> --Stephen
>>
>> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:49 AM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
>>
>>> First off you're not on SVN trunk secondly Are you executing the
>>> conference app inside your js file?  If so then there could be the problem!
>>>  You have also forgotten to include anything about Distro, OS, CPU and
>>> Memory.
>>> /b
>>>
>>> On May 5, 2009, at 12:12 AM, Stephen Crosby wrote:
>>>
>>> We had our first big issues with our freeswitch system today. During at
>>> least 2 conferences, audio became jittery and there were three occasions
>>> where everyone was dropped from a conference. Even so, conference recording
>>> was not interrupted, and the freeswitch debug log doesn't show anything
>>> unusual.
>>>
>>> Our hardware monitoring software doesn't show any kind of unusual
>>> resources usage, and our web host claims there were no outages during the
>>> time when we were experiencing problems.
>>>
>>> We're currently running revision 12259.
>>>
>>> How should I proceed in diagnosing this issue?
>>>
>>> --Stephen
>>>

>>>   Brian West
>>> brian at freeswitch.org
>>>
>>> -- Meet us at ClueCon!  http://www.cluecon.com