[Freeswitch-users] help with mod_conference stability

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon May 4 23:11:53 PDT 2009

Stephen Crosby <stevecrozz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Network problem is what I'm still thinking. Take a look at this log snippet:
>
> http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/8813
>
> I'm CALLER_A, and you can see me calling back in on line 8 after I got
> dropped. But that was only seconds prior. There really seems to be nothing
> in the log at the time the calls were dropped.

In particular, the "dropped" calls weren't shown to have terminated at that
point. Can you search through the logs and find out when they did terminate,
and why? A time-out, perhaps? Assuming that FreeSWITCH didn't crash, and show
channels indicates that those sessions aren't still current, they must have
timed out or otherwise terminated at some point, which would have left log
messages.

I've been in situations involving brief network outages (say, 10 seconds)
after which FreeSWITCH conferences have resumed as normal, with no dropped
connections. However, those circumstances involved FreeSWITCH instances on
both ends of the call; it is possible, though uninformed speculation on my
part, that some other devices might time out quicker in the event of network
issues.

Another test you could try, if this persists, is to run FreeSWITCH locally and
use it to call the conference. If the call terminates abnormally, you will
then have the logs at both ends.

Of course, your phone might have logs itself, but the FreeSWITCH ones are
probably better.

Your report of jitter is also indicative of a less than reliable network.