[Freeswitch-users] Ways of Integrating Sphinx...

mszlazak at aol.com mszlazak at aol.com
Sat May 2 10:13:00 PDT 2009

 In my comments on mod_pocketsphinx, I wasn't clear enough about it being "virtually unusable in real world scenarios." Also, the grammars I'm talking
about are either single words, like "yes/no" or more complex like
"leave a message." It doesn't matter how complex the grammar, the issue
remains.

My comments are meant in comparison to other asr's and in everyday situations of background noise. I'm not taliking about checking things out at a concert, race track, subway, construction project, etc.

When compared to my AT&T 411 service, AT&T's asr has no where near the problems in dealing with the background noises I'm talking about and is very usable in the real world situations I'm taliking about.
Moreover, when comparing to another vendors asr on my hardware then that vendors asr also has no were near the problems mod_pocketsphinx has and again is very usable in a real world situation. That's why I suggested using something other than mod_pocketsphinx.

think that mod_pocketspinx is not able to deal with low signal-to-noise
ratios to the point where it can be used in telephony at all. At least that's the way it seems to me.
I don't know what else to say. That's been my experience with mod_pocketsphinx
??

 Mark.