[Freeswitch-users] using freeswitch on ubuntu in home network

badeguruji badeguruji at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 16:27:45 PDT 2009

Hello,

Friends, can someone please help me understand what hardware and/or software (like FreeSwitch) do i need, to have a working setup like below:

DSL from telco----->switch+NAT------>ubuntu server
                                  |__________>voip phone
                                  |___________>normal PSTN phone

Q. what voip related software will i need to run above setup?
Q. what hardware (like phone card etc.) do i need in my PC?
Q. will i be able to use my existing phone number? (i do not have voip service right now)
Q. will i be able to use my regular phone? or do i need voip phone?

I am looking for these featuers:
1. full call records.
2. visual voicemail
3. seperate voicemail box for each family member.
4. call forwarding on each user basis.
5. ability to make more then one outbound call, with having ONLY one home phone number.

thank you,
Rajeev
~~aapka kalyan ho~~