[Freeswitch-users] Greedy codecs on the outbound side

Josh Forman jforman at wcgltd.com
Tue Mar 31 15:04:26 PDT 2009

I know that on a sofia profile you can set it to be greedy or generous
in codec negotiation on the inbound side.

How does freeswitch negotate codecs on the outbound side and what ways
are available to affect how this takes place?
Is there a way to make the codec preferences of the inbound side the
codec preference of the outbound side?
If not is there a way to set outbound negotations as greedy vs generous?
If we disable transcoding in freeswitch would that in effect make the
codec negotated on the inbound side be our most prefered codec on the
outbound side's codec negotation?

Thank you for your help,

Josh