[Freeswitch-users] Errors compiling on dragonfly bsd

Vincent vince.freeswitch at hightek.org
Mon Mar 30 22:12:37 PDT 2009

Hi.

I'm trying to compile FS on dragonfly BSD 1.10.1-RELEASE.  I am
compiling the release source from
    http://files.freeswitch.org/freeswitch-1.0.3.tar.gz

I had to write a uname wrapper script to fake being FreeBSD to get
configure to complete successfully.  I also added "-D__FreeBSD__" to
CPPFLAGS to get past an initial compilation error.

Also, I initially got the error,
    "/usr/pkg/bin/bash: line 8: svnversion: command not found"
just prior to the line that appears to generate
"src/include/switch_swigable_cpp.h".

It seems strange that I would need subversion to compile a release
source but I installed it anyway in case that error caused other
problems.

However, now I get the following errors (which I also got prior to
installing subversion).

  Compiling src/switch_apr.c ...
  src/switch_apr.c: In function `switch_thread_self':
  src/switch_apr.c:74: warning: implicit declaration of function `apr_os_thread_current'
  src/switch_apr.c:74: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
  src/switch_apr.c: In function `switch_thread_rwlock_create':
  src/switch_apr.c:221: warning: implicit declaration of function `apr_thread_rwlock_create'
  src/switch_apr.c: In function `switch_thread_rwlock_destroy':
  src/switch_apr.c:226: warning: implicit declaration of function `apr_thread_rwlock_destroy'
  ... Pluss a bunch more apr_thread... related warnings

Then

  gmake[2]: *** [libfreeswitch_la-switch_apr.lo] Error 1
  Making all in src
  Making all in mod

  making all mod_amr
  gmake[5]: *** No rule to make target `/u1/ports/freeswitch-1.0.3/work/freeswitch-1.0.3/libfreeswitch.la', needed by `mod_amr.so'.  Stop.
  gmake[4]: *** [all] Error 1
  gmake[3]: *** [mod_amr-all] Error 1
  gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
  Making all in build
   +-------- FreeSWITCH Build Complete -----------+
   + FreeSWITCH has been successfully built.      +
   + Install by running:                          +
   +               gmake install                   +
  gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
  gmake: *** [all] Error 2

  *** make failed for freeswitch-1.0.3 ***

  *** Error code 5

  Stop in /u1/ports/freeswitch-1.0.3.

It does not seem to check the error code either and still gives  a "Build
Complete" message.

Any help would be appreciated.