[Freeswitch-users] live iso image with freeswitch

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Mon Mar 30 10:58:36 PDT 2009

Hi all,

What I would like to stress is:

1) FreeSwitch is working on Windows, natively, without hacks

2) This is a huge advantage for a free software that want to be
*really* popular (eg: be capable of running on an already working
office machine, without dedicated hardware/expertise)

3) This is very important for people that are not "hard core", but
just enthusiast, or just "wannabe". Why they have to go for a
proprietary solution, maybe cracked?

4) This is very important for people/situation that just cannot afford
another nmachine, or to dedicate a machine

5) Freeswitch is tested on Windows, albeit less than on *nix

6) This gap will be closing as the curve of adoption go further up

7) The efforts toward a GUI are proceeding, and in a multiplatform
way, so they'll be working on Windows too

I'm a *nix guy like you all, but let's bring closer to us, and us
closer to, the vast majority of people/situations in the world.
Especially making mind at the fact that the big effort, building FS
multiplatform since the beginning, has been YET done :-) !

Ah,

Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli
www.celliax.org