[Freeswitch-users] Building on Ubuntu Intrepid

dujinfang dujinfang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:12:17 PDT 2009

On Mar 26, 2009, at 10:59 PM, Anthony Minessale wrote:

> We do not support ubuntu interpid, it has at least 3 known fatal
> issues not experienced by all but nonetheless enough to make us
> unwilling to support it.

I use Ubuntu gutsy in production  and interipid in test env. It works
well. Can you briefly explain the 3 fatal issues Anthony? It will help
me know potential risks.

> It's "use at your own risk" or use the stable branch "hardy" for any
> support.
>

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 4:45 AM, Trevor Hammonds <trevor at concipient.net
> > wrote:
> Has there been any progress getting FreeSWITCH to build on Ubuntu
> Intrepid without downgrading libtool?

I successfully built FS on intrepid. I simply done this by changing
the apt-source to Hardy and installed libtool. Obviously I changed the
apt-source back to intrepid after I installed libtool.

And, another approach. Install libtool from source should be as easy
as  configure && make && make install. I done this on a new CentOS4
because the default yum install of libtool on CentOS4 is old than FS
required.