[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch.EventConsumer, can be utilized event-based

Matthew Fong mattdfong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 05:12:50 PDT 2009

I've been playing around with using freeswitch.EventConsumer in a lua
process that starts-up when FS boots, and stays in the background. I've
setup the example on the wiki, but the example uses
session:execute("sleep",1000), and essentially loops every second until an
event is fired. I'm wondering if there is a more event-driven way to
accomplish this?
I tried asking for help in #lua, but they said the project (FS) needed to
implement event-driven programming for this to work. To me, it seems sort of
silly to implement freeswitch.EventConsumer without a way for it to be
executed event-wise

Is using lua ESL the only option? There isn't any lua example scripts in
libs/esl/lua to demonstrate how to handle events.

if mod_lua can't handle events, can the mod_javascript utilize it? Thanks.

--matt