[Freeswitch-users] Multiple calls with PortAudio

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Mar 27 00:58:20 PDT 2009

While I was trying to obtain more detailed logs of my portaudio problems,
FreeSWITCH crashed, leaving a core file.

The backtraces are here:
 http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/7998

As far as I can remember, at the time of the segfault, one channel was trying
to connect and not succeeding; I had just issued a pa hangup command on it and
then a pa call to try connecting again. Since my memory of exactly what was
happening isn't as reliable as it should be, the value of the backtraces may
be diminished.

As to the portaudio problem, with rev. 12701 (Debian Sid, kernel 2.6.29,
x86_64 architecture), the situation appears to be that the second and
subsequent concurrent portaudio calls sometimes wait for a long time after
issuing a log message such as the following:

 [NOTICE] switch_channel.c:597 switch_channel_set_name() New Channel
sofia/internal/1000 at 192.168.0.2:5070 [d6e56642-1a9b-11de-b23e-c5a9450df57d]

These calls do not always complete successfully, but I'm still trying to
collect more precise details of when and why they fail.

With apologies for being unable to use Jira, if anything valuable appears in
the backtraces, you are welcome to let me know via the list or by e-mail.

I have previously seen crashes while working with multiple portaudio calls,
but I don't yet have a reliable means to reproduce them.

If the backtraces are revealing, that's good, but if not, that's fine too and
I'll collect better particulars next time.