[Freeswitch-users] IRC is not for all

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 07:56:22 PDT 2009

The guy started a forum almost a month ago and as you can see nobody knows
the url and it has no posts.

http://freeswitch411.info/forum/

This is one of the problems I was worried about when endorsing a forum.

2009/3/26 Richard Lamkin <Richard.Lamkin at mettoni.com>

>  Dear All,
>

> As a developer within a commercial organisation I would like to highlight
> that IRC access is blocked by my organisation. This is because it falls
> under the chat room category and is regarded as a security risk.
>

> Therefore is there any means of putting a digest of IRC traffic though the
> IRC node used for Freeswitch.  I like many in the commercial world are
> barred by IT departmental polices from any chat room access. I feel I’m
> missing out on this useful  stream on information.  Another issue with any
> medium which is transitory is that I work in the UK and an therefore would
> not be privy to communications that occur outside my time zone.
>

> I do support efforts to put together a forum,  which although less response
> than IRC  is more permanent.
>
> I am subscribed to the User and Dev mail lists which I find are a very
> useful read.
>

> Regards
>

> Richard Lamkin
>
> Mettoni Group, UK

> the system manager. http://www.mettoni.com
>
> Datapulse Ltd (part of the Mettoni Group)
> Registered in England and Wales: 4485978
> 9400 Garsington Road, Oxford Business Park, Oxford, OX4 2HN

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm