[Freeswitch-users] conference calling ideas

Szymon Olko solko at gcdf.pl
Wed Mar 25 07:02:32 PDT 2009

Steven Ward pisze:
> Szymon, I want to provide a service wherein a user can reserve a
> teleconference room for a partiuclar time and control who can join the
> conference call (only those invited).  I want to support several of
> such conference calls at any given time.
>
> I want callers who were not invited to a conference call, but who try to
> call in, to be notified they can't join.

Reserving conference means some storage of it. I think you have write some application to control it.
You can use store that in dialplan but it will be hard to make such dialplan.
There is pin code for conference so you can use it.

> Also, it should be simple enough that the user just has to dial a number
> and be able to know what to do from there to join the conference.
>
> If the conference leader is late to the conference call and others try
> to call in (before the conference is created), the callers should be
> notified the conf leader hasn't started the conference yet.  Perhaps
> they can be told to try later, or they can be put on hold.
>
> These are the kinds of things I need to think about implementing, and I
> do not know yet what other features would be useful.  Thanks.

I would make it like that. If you need to limit total number of conferences then you have to manage time of reservation. If you
don't need that then make one extension in which you do the following.
- get pincode from user.
- get admin_pincode from user.
- look in db for next available conference number
- store conference number and pincode in database.
- return that number to user.

Make second extension where you do folowing:
- get conference number from user
- get pincode from user
- check in db if conference and pincode are the same as stored in db.
- check in database if admin is in conference.

Make third extension:
- get conference number from user
- get admin pincode from user
- check for matching in db
- transfer to conference
- store in db that admin is online

With this way users must get conference name and pincode to access. You can change it and in first extension add ability for user
to add others members with their personal number or something like that.

Szymon Olko