[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Chinese Community

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Mar 24 11:03:51 PDT 2009

> While FS official site has plenty of documentation, obviously we don't
> want to translate word by word.  Then where should we start from? A
> forum?

I would start by finding as many people as possible who are literate
in both English and Chinese and who are willing to help out. Once you
have your group assembled you will have a better idea of what your
goals should be. More people helping will make things easier to
accomplish.

There was a big argue between a forum and mailing list in the
> last few weeks, and finally an English forum and an Italian one is
> out.  While I can find server in China, the major pain is that running
> any kind of BBS in China mainland need to get some kind of permissions
> by the government first.
>
> Any idea, suggestion? Anyone want to help or cooperate about this?

I am looking into creating a multi-language wiki at
wiki.freeswitch.org. Anyone with experience in setting up multiple
languages with MediaWiki software please contact me. So far we have
people willing to help create documentation in French, Spanish,
Portugese, Russian, and now Chinese. I think we have some Italians out
there as well! (ciao bella)

Please email me off list if you are in a position to assist with the
wiki and languages other than English.

> And, if I can get this runing, can I use the FreeSWITCH logo and www.freeswitch.org.cn
>  ?

Please direct questions about the FreeSWITCH logo and domain names to
consulting at freeswitch.org. FreeSWITCH and the logo are trademarks so
it would be best to get permission from Anthony before doing anything.

-MC