[Freeswitch-users] [SUSE Enterprise/FS 1.0.3] ODBC-related compile error

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Mar 24 02:15:09 PDT 2009

Brian West > We changed this to autodetect it means you have the libs
but no devel headers.. either disable it or install the dev headers.

Thanks guys, that was it: The stock SLED 10 that I have on this MSI
host did have unixODBC.rpm but not its unixODBC-devel.rpm counterpart.

I re-read the "Download & Installation Guide" page, which doesn't say
that Freeswitch will compile for ODBC instead of SQLite if it detects
unixODBC... but doesn't check that its counterpart unixODBC-devel is
also installed :-/

I suggest that either the config/make script be updated to check for
this, or the wiki be edited to tell users to check for both packages
(if N.A. : yast install unixODBC-devel OR rpm -UVH
unixODBC-devel.rpm) or configure Freeswitch to use SQLite instead of
ODBC (good enough to get newbies started).

Cheers,