[Freeswitch-users] Feedback on Freeswitch for Windows?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Mar 19 09:14:36 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 4:54 AM, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr> wrote:
> Michael Jerris > There is currently no openzap (sangoma, etc) support
> on windows, we  hope this will be coming soon.
>
> I found an alternative: The Linksys 3102 VoIP gateway. It's cheaper too.
>
> Would you say the Windows port of Freeswitch is ready to be used
> commercially, or I should go for a Linux box instead?

Is there a compelling reason to use a Windows machine? If it's a
matter of your comfort level with the OS then that's a pretty good
reason, especially if you're the one doing support. :) However, I
think all of our "power users" are running Linux, and most of them are
using 64 bit CentOS on 64 bit hardware. I suppose it all boils down to
what you hope to accomplish. The larger the install, the more I would
recommend Linux over Windows.

-MC