[Freeswitch-users] Newbie question: Why can't I dial?

Mark Thomas mthomas at themarketbuilder.com
Tue Mar 17 15:35:48 PDT 2009

Hello, everyone.

I am new to Freeswitch, and telephony in general.  I am trying to set up a Freeswitch system at work for a project, and I have hit a wall.

I have a dedicated LD T1 from Qwest and a Sangoma A104 card.  I believe I have openzap correctly installed in wanpipe mode. I am trying to bridge an incoming SIP call from an IP phone to an openzap channel without success.  The Freeswitch log shows that dialing takes place, but the call never completes.

The call log is here: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/7805
The dialplan xml, openzap.conf, and openzap.conf.xml are here: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/7806

Any help greatly appreciated.

--Mark