[Freeswitch-users] echo cancellation on PRI cards

Anthony Knight tntknight at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 21:55:35 PDT 2009

I'm thinking about doing a project that would use FreeSWITCH as an IVR, with
callers being routed in by both ISDN PRI, and also SIP trunks, with
occasional bridge calls between callers.
I'm wondering in what use cases hardware echo cancellation on the PRI cards
is needed.  And does hardware echo cancellation work with
OpenZap/FreeSWITCH?

It looks like all the major cards (Sangoma, Digium, etc..) use Octasic Echo
cancellation add-on cards.  Is there any difference between brands?

Any recommendations on PRI boards and whether I need to pay for echo
cancellation are appreciated

Thanks.

Tony