[Freeswitch-users] Problem with shortened local extensions

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Mar 16 09:06:05 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:29 AM,  <fs at xenpad.eu> wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   I have a (probably dumb) question that I just spent over 5 hours on:
> I have a 1.0.2 version running with 6 extensions, 2 SIP trunks and gtalk OK.

Ouch! Any way you could update? We are on the verge of releasing
1.0.4; 1.0.2 is OLD. :)

>   I tried to change the extensions from 100x to 10x (100-109 actually)
>   I changed the info in the directory, hunted all references to patterns
> like 10[01][0-9], and replaced them with 10[0-9], and changed the DID
> routing to the new extension numbers.
>
>   No errors at load time, sofia status profile internal shows all
> extensions registered; each extension can call it's own voicemail, and
> all provided examples (5000, 9998, ...) work OK.
>
>   The catch is, it's not possible to call another extension, and the
> routing from incoming SIP trunks fail (the extension is not available, please
> oleave a message).

Best bet here is to read up on this page:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs

That will help you do stuff like this:
turn on debugging (press F8 at the CLI) then make a test call, capture
output, put it into a pastebin.

I'm sure it's something basic, but without seeing what's happening
it's hard to diagnose. Also, pastebin your default.xml dialplan file,
one or more of your directory files, like 100.xml (or whatever you
named them), and finally do "sofia status profile internal" at the CLI
and pastebin the output.

-MC