[Freeswitch-users] inband dtmf detection

Gabriel Kuri gkuri at ieee.org
Fri Mar 13 13:36:58 PDT 2009

shoot me if I'm on the wrong track, but is it possible to use the
start_dtmf app to do inband dtmf detection and "convert" the inband DTMF
to rfc2833, as opposed to using the dtmf detection on a Linksys or
Grandstream ATA?

the reason I ask is the dtmf detection on these ATAs seems to falsely
catch dtmf tones during certain conversations and falsely inject a dtmf
tone into the stream (I believe the appropriate term is "talk off"). So
I was thinking of setting the ATAs to do inband DTMF rather than the
current rfc2833 setting, and having FS do the more reliable dtmf
detection instead?

Thanks,
Gabe