[Freeswitch-users] How to notify wireless phones about unread voicemails

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Mar 12 16:10:26 PDT 2009

Theres the SMS method that other people have mention...

There are other methods if you are the Cellular Provider for say a CoOp or a
rural ilec... These include (but not limited too and depend on your switch)
SS7 TCAP MWI message, sending the correct DTMF down the loop to the switch,
etc etc...

That being said its posible to use freeswitch for this... It just depends on
exactly what type of interconnect you are doing