[Freeswitch-users] Problem dialing out via E1

Mark Tabron Mark.Tabron at rnid-typetalk.org.uk
Thu Mar 12 06:54:49 PDT 2009

Hi,

My first post to the list. I'm a bit of a newb to FreeSwitch (and linux)
so apologies if some of my terminology isn't quite correct.

Recently had a 9 channel ISDN30 (euro - q931) installed by BT (UK).
We've hooked it up to our FreeSwitch setup with a Sangoma A101 card.
Light on the card is green and wanrouter is installed and up in TDM_API
mode, with the connection status showing as connected.  Configured
Openzap for 9 b and 1 d channel as described in Freeswitch Wiki. Then
created a diaplan to fire off any calls preceded by 9 to the next
available openzap channel.

The problem I have is when I initiate an external call (using 9xxxxxxx)
from an extension I can see Freeswitch allocating the call to the next
available channel but then the just sits there and times out after 1
minute. With the cause stated as ORIGINATOR_CANCEL (guessing this is the
time out)

Here are the confs / dialplan as I have them:

[span wanpipe]

name => OpenZAP

number => 1

trunk_type => e1

b-channel => 1:1-9

d-channel => 1:16

<configuration name="openzap.conf" description="OpenZAP Configuration">

  <settings>

    <param name="debug" value="0"/>

    <!--<param name="hold-music" value="$${moh_uri}"/>-->

    <!--<param name="enable-analog-option" value="call-swap"/>-->

    <!--<param name="enable-analog-option" value="3-way"/>-->

  </settings>

   <pri_spans>

       <param name="mode" value="user"/>

       <param name="dialect" value="q931"/>

       <param name="dialplan" value="XML"/>

       <param name="context" value="default"/>

   </pri_spans>

</configuration>

<include>

<extension name="outgoing-pri">

<condition field="destination_number" expression="^9(\d{7,15})$">

<action application="bridge" data="openzap/1/a/$1"/>

</condition>

</extension>

</include>

Do the config files look ok? Is there anything else I should be
configuring? Is there anything else I can use to debug or get
information on the PRI status?

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Save paper - don't print this email unless you need to.

NOTICE from RNID Typetalk

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the addressee.
If you are not the addressee, please note that any distribution, dissemination, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately at the above e-mail address and delete the information from your computer system.
Please note that neither RNID nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).