[Freeswitch-users] Mod_limit stuck when hitting limit value

rod kawarod at laposte.net
Thu Mar 12 07:12:04 PDT 2009

Hi list,

I'm testing mod_limit like this:
        <action application="set" data="max_calls=60"/>
        <action application="set" data="GW_IP=10.10.20.100"/>
        <action application="limit" data="${AREA} ${GW_IP} ${max_calls}"/>

where AREA could be any value like: US/EUROPE/AFRICA... that has been
set for the call

then I use sipp for load testing with 4 cps and max 65 calls so that I
will be limited by the limit of 60 in the dialplan.

I use "limit_usage EUROPE 10.10.20.100" in cli and I see the limit value
growing up to 60.

Sipp still tries to establish new call (up to 65 calls) at 4cps and for
each new cps in excess, FS sends a 503.
I wait for 10 seconds and stop sipp, but the limit value is never
decreasing even when there is no more channels used (show channels), the
limit value is stuck to 60.

If I limit Sipp to 55 calls (below the limit value), the limit value
increase and decrease depending on load, and the pbm doesn't appear.

Does anybody is using mod_limit and have encountered the same pbm.

I'm using latest svn: 12580.

regards,
rod