[Freeswitch-users] Please end the torment

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 09:51:22 PDT 2009

Thank you,

I appriciate that you get some benifits from our efforts.

We only recommend irc because it's an easy-to-access multi user chat where
we can put all of the people who need help in the same room in real time so
they can help each other and we can help them.

I tried not to get annoyed about the 2 cracks in previous posts from others
about how old and outdated irc was.
Everyone is entitled to their own cup of tea after all.

But we don't have to retire protocols just because they are old? We still
use SMTP and HTTP and FTP and don't mock them for their age.

Conversely, I feel kinda the same way about the "web 2.0" farce where the
same tired browser and js nightmares I faced in 1997 are now swept under
the rug with a singe addition of a background http-get instead of actually
re-inventing the wheel if you are going to bother calling it wheel 2.0
Yes you can do some cool new stuff, but not nearly as much as what you could
have done in 10 years of effort towards a better way, too late now ;)
But that's only my opinion i don't try to enstill it to anyone.

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Luis F Urrea <lfurrea at gmail.com> wrote:

> Same thing happened to me in regards IRC, I had not used it for years
> before getting into FS, but as a total newbie I can say that IRC is really
> good to get things going quickly and all those No rocket science questions
> we have. I  have had people helping realtime looking at pastebin's and
> stuff, which is a really good thing.
>
> When one needs to elaborate on a question maybe mailing list/forum fits
> better, but what I know in my experience is that eventually you will get the
> answer thanks to the efforts of the community with the current set of tools.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm