[Freeswitch-users] Contact header on INVITE

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 08:05:37 PST 2009

I added the param extension-in-contact (true/false) to latest trunk.

Be aware it's broken behavior for your provider to demand a certain username
in the contact.
The reason we put gw+<gateway name> in the contact user is it's the only
guaranteed way to find out
what gateway the call was associated with.  We can of course put it in the
params on the contact but we know
many sip endpoints eat off all the params from your contact when you
register. So we use the contact user to
avoid this issue.  If you use this new parameter and set it to true, the
contact will be whatever is in the "extension" parameter
which defaults to the same as the username, so just setting this parameter
should do what you want but it will also disable our ability to associate
the call with the gateway it was placed from.

2009/3/6 Łukasz Czerpak <lukasz at czerpak.eu>

> Hi,
>
> The INVITE request from my FreeSWITCH contains (1.2.3.4 - my public ip):
>
> Contact: <sip:gw+myprovider1 at 1.2.3.4:5080;transport=udp>
>
> but voip provider expects:
>
> Contact: <sip:username at 1.2.3.4:5080;transport=udp>
>

> Is there any posiibility to change the Contact header value in
> gateway/dialplan configuration?
>

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Łukasz Czerpak | PGP: 0x532D8E1B [subkeys.pgp.net]

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm