[Freeswitch-users] Please end the torment

Karl Vesterling kjv at ken-ton.com
Sat Mar 7 06:10:25 PST 2009

Ben;

> Can you imagine me injecting a question about a SIP profile into
> that conversation??

Don't be bashful, just jump right in:
> If I'm going into #freeswitch at 11pm at night, it's probably
> because I really need some help with some problem I've run into
> after hours. Can you imagine me injecting a question about a SIP
> profile into that conversation??
> [23:11] <{tasker}> blonde / blue eyes are overrated
> [23:11] <{tasker}> give me a latina any day
> [23:11] <hmmhesays> best thing around here though

[23:12] <Bashful_Ben>  Excuse me, I hate to interrupt, but I have a
FreeSwitch question regarding (foo), can anyone help me with that?

Point being that you're certainly not going to get any assistance if
you neglect to ask for it.

I'm not sure I speak for all of us, but we volunteer our time in the
IRC channel, and on the Wiki.  Since we're not paid to give our advice
and/or professional opinions, we're going to "goof off" when there's
no one there asking for help.  We're also going to goof off when
there's people in there that need help, but are too bashful or afraid
to ask for it.  It's human nature, and it will happen.  It even
happens in the work place.  Should you doubt me, just watch around the
water cooler at work.  Guaranteed you'll see a couple folks engaged in
conversation that is non-work-related.

You'd probably have gotten your answer a lot sooner by asking for it
in IRC as outlined above, rather that too whine about the
conversations of the people that volunteer their time to help you.

If you don't ask, then the only outcome of that lack of action is what?

I could say more, a lot more, but I think I've made my point.

Best Regards,
Karl J. Vesterling
kjv at ken-ton.com
202-448-3009 x0