[Freeswitch-users] Please end the torment

Ben Holtsclaw BenHoltsclaw at averyschools.net
Thu Mar 5 09:03:50 PST 2009

I agree with Harry. I do not like the mailing list. Those that do like the mailing list always advocate Nabble. For those that advocate that solution, do you even realize that you can't post on Nabble unless you are subscribed to the mailing list? I am also not a fan of IRC. Before I came upon FreeSWITCH, I hadn't used IRC in years! I think I uninstalled my IRC client at the same time I uninstalled my NNTP reader. Most of the time, I actually find it difficult to obtain support in the #freeswitch channel. Once you ask the question, if somebody doesn't happen to be there that knows the answer, then you're screwed. How many times have I asked a question only to wait 30 seconds and then see, "anthm has joined #freeswitch." Crap...do I ask the question again? I have found the conversation in #openzap to be much more focused. Thank goodness I'm using that module! In that channel, I never see conversations about cd burners, somebody's girlfriend in South America, or off color jokes about someone's sexual proclivity. And because I know I'll get flamed for saying that, just look at this:

[23:10] <{tasker}> me, too, but i'm a different animal
[23:10] <{tasker}> in NY and in Miami i went nutz
[23:10] <diegoviola> lol
[23:10] * jefferai is now known as lollerai
[23:10] <diegoviola> yeah i love her
[23:10] <{tasker}> latinas everywhere
[23:11] * lanwifie (n=Sami at 99-196-39-200.cust.wildblue.net) has left #freeswitch
[23:11] * jjg (n=jjg at 76.21.4.40) Quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out) )
[23:11] <hmmhesays> here its blond blue eyed girls
[23:11] * lollerai is now known as lolferai
[23:11] <rpm> brazilians... hopefully she's hot. i've seen some pretty dodgy looking chicks from there
[23:11] <{tasker}> diego: go back, buy her a ticket and tell her, "yeaaaaaaaaah, it's just for a few days"
[23:11] * martyn-dev (n=martyn-d at 190.26.4.61) has joined #freeswitch
[23:11] <{tasker}> blonde / blue eyes are overrated
[23:11] <{tasker}> give me a latina any day
[23:11] <hmmhesays> best thing around here though

If I'm going into #freeswitch at 11pm at night, it's probably because I really need some help with some problem I've run into after hours. Can you imagine me injecting a question about a SIP profile into that conversation??

ALL that aside... I'm willing to use a carrier pigeon if that's the way the three primary developers wish to communicate. They have been instrumental in getting my project where it is today. You know the saying... beggars can't be choosers.

Ben Holtsclaw
Network Engineer
Avery County Schools
Ph:  828.733.3567 x2301

>>> On 3/5/2009 at 5:14 AM, "J Mann/Harry" <gibbedhead at gmail.com> wrote:
No, I've yet to contribute anything, I barely have my system doing
what I want. But I REALLY love Freeswitch and I want to see it BURY
Asterisk. (Windows server user here)

I've been struggling with the XML configs, trying to figure out what
does what and where! That's fine, I'm used to it. What I'm NOT used to
is the total lack of a forum-based community to join and participate
in! Where can users SHARE their configs, help each other, learn from
each others mistakes? No DEV forum? I'm speechless.

Let's be serious guys, mailing lists went out in the 90s! IRC is "meh"
at best! I want stickies, a forum for noobs, converts, a dev forum...
So on...

"WELCOME To FreeSWITCH!"

Am I asking too much here? A FORUM?

I can't see how you can spark interest when we're so sorely lacking
the most basic and widely used community environments on the net!

HELP SOMEBODY? Install  SMF ASAP!
http://www.simplemachines.org

BTW: I hate people who voice problems without offering viable
solutions in the process... Disgusting! So if someone can offer up a
simple hosting account, Control Panel 10, Windows Linux whatever...
I'll be more than happy to have SMF setup and receiving user
registrations within 24 hours! I've done it dozens of times before. I
will then gladly turn over the keys to the kingdom to the "powers that
be" and take a backseat, being simply a happy user from that point on!

Please folks, please. I'm dying over here and I'm sure I'm not alone!
I'm searching Google and finding nothing!! FORUMS!

Harry (email me here)
switchserver at gmail.com (my FS email)