[Freeswitch-users] Ghost Sessions in CLI after a longterm test

Mathieu Rene mrene_lists at avgs.ca
Mon Mar 2 23:56:01 PST 2009

Yes, you may also link (or copy) the .gdbinit file found in the
support-d folder to your home directory.
This is going to enable some GDB macros written for FS.

Once thats done you can do the following commands and include them too:

list_sessions

hash_it_str_x session_manager.session_table switch_core_session_t
channel->state

Its important to know that what you see in "show channels" and "show
calls" is just a DB query to sqlite, Those commands will go directly
in the core and list those sessions.

Math

On 3-Mar-09, at 2:07 AM, rod wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I checked on wiki, is the following the good way to go (sorry I'm not
> very familiar with your debugging tool).
>
> $ gdb bin/freeswitch core.xxx
>
> bt
> bt full
> thread apply all bt
> thread apply all bt full
>

> If I understand well I have to rerun the tests, as I did not start FS
> using GDB.
>
> regards,
> rod
>

> Michael Jerris wrote:
>> Could you please post this to jira along with a thread apply all bt
>> of
>> a core file taken from the process with the stuck sessions.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> On Mar 2, 2009, at 2:06 AM, rod wrote:
>>

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I ran some longer tests with FS 1.0.3 acting as an SBC.
>>> The test machine has the following specs:
>>>   - Intel Quad Core Q9550
>>>   - 8GB RAM (far too much from what I saw)
>>>
>>> After 3 days running SIPP with 750 simultaneous calls (1500
>>> channels) at
>>> 20cps mean (50cps max) and call duration of 35s, I stopped SIPP.
>>>
>>> In the CLI, using status command I got this:
>>>
>>> freeswitch at internal> status
>>> UP 0 years, 2 days, 22 hours, 48 minutes, 3 seconds, 859
>>> milliseconds,
>>> 607 microseconds
>>> 15817560 session(s) since startup
>>> 22 session(s) 0/500
>>>
>>> But when I use "show channels" or "show calls", I see nothing. So
>>> I'm
>>> wondering where are these 22 sessions ?
>>>
>>> FYI, FS has run flawlessly with 750 sim. calls with 25-30% free
>>> CPUs.
>>>
>>> Successful call -->  5271434
>>> Failed call ---> 1554      (less than 0.03%)
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> rod.
>>>

>>> complete SIPP summary:
>>>
>>> ------------------------------ Scenario Screen -------- [1-9]:
>>> Change
>>> Screen --
>>> Call-rate(length)     Port   Total-time  Total-calls  Remote-host
>>> 50.0(35000 ms)/1.000s   5060  254259.42 s      5273022
>>> 10.10.10.254:5060(UDP)
>>>
>>> 0 new calls during 0.856 s period      7 ms scheduler resolution
>>> 0 calls (limit 750)                    Peak was 750 calls, after
>>> 15 s
>>> 0 Running, 34 Paused, 0 Woken up
>>> 15544 out-of-call msg (discarded)
>>> 1 open sockets
>>> 9213070274 Total echo RTP pckts 1st stream 0.000 last period RTP
>>> rate
>>> 0 Total echo RTP pckts 2nd stream      0.000 last period RTP rate