[Freeswitch-users] First time test set up FreeSwitch and SPA3102/SPA3000

Aplayful Idiot a.playful.idiot at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 23:43:34 PST 2009

I have no background in telephony but probably need to use a PBX.

FreeSwitch was recommended by a casual contact so I would like to start
first by setting up a small test.

I have a SPA3102 attached to the box running FS and to a ordinary phone
line. I registered SPA in conf/directory/default/line1.xml and it works ok
but I can't get caller id numbers from incoming calls. All FS sees is
"line1" which is found in file line1.xml as <variable
name="effective_caller_id_number" value="line1"/>.

Looking back over the FS wiki, I'm now wondering if the SPA should of been
set-up as a gateway but reading it is confusing at least to me. Sometimes I
think the analogue-line-SPA-FS is like a softphone which is registered to an
extension numbered xml file in conf/directory/default/ but then issues like
not getting outside incoming caller id's makes me think I've got this all
wrong.

Can someone help me out with this?

api