[Freeswitch-users] Running freeswitch on powerpc

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Mar 2 04:50:29 PST 2009

Rajagopal, Sridhar (Sridhar) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am planning to run freeswitch on powerpc MPC8358. Please let me know if any changes needs to be done in the code
>
> Regards
> Sridhar

It may be easier to say what will currently stop Freeswitch working.

The lack of an MMU is a problem right now, so Blackfins are out, which
is sad. Cores without hardware floating point may not perform all that
well, but should work. Endianness should not be a problem. I think
machines which choke on misaligned access are probably OK, too.

Checking that list, you should be OK on a PPC.

Steve