[Freeswitch-users] Compiling freeswitch for Dragonfly BSD

Vincent Stemen vince.freeswitch at hightek.org
Mon Jun 29 21:35:34 PDT 2009

Update:

I tested compiling on my Dragonfly leaf development account which is
running DragonFly 2.2.1-RELEASE with gcc-4.1.2.

I did not get any of the cast warnings.  It is apparently a gcc issue
since I am running gcc-3.4.6 on my workstation with an older Dragonfly
installation.  Apparently gcc-3 does not like the "return x, y;" syntax
that is used all over the sofia code.  That is the source of most of the
warnings (except 1 or 2 so far that just needed a cast).

So, on DF 2.2.1, it appeared to compile almost successfully until near
the end.  It still has that sym link error and still has the build bug
where it does not know there was an error and goes on to tell you it was
successful.

Here is the final output:

  making all mod_spidermonkey
  cd config; gmake -j1 export
  cd pr; gmake -j1 export
  cd include; gmake export
  cd md; gmake export
  ../../../config/./nsinstall: cannot make symbolic link /home/vince/freeswitch/freeswitch-20090623/libs/js/nsprpub/dist/include/nspr/.: Invalid argument
  gmake[9]: *** [export] Error 1
  gmake[8]: *** [export] Error 2
  gmake[7]: *** [export] Error 2
  gmake[6]: *** [export] Error 2
  gmake[5]: *** [/home/vince/freeswitch/freeswitch-20090623/libs/js/libjs.la] Error 2
  gmake[4]: *** [all] Error 1
  gmake[3]: *** [mod_spidermonkey-all] Error 1
  gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
  Making all in build
   +-------- FreeSWITCH Build Complete -----------+
   + FreeSWITCH has been successfully built.      +
   + Install by running:                          +
   +               gmake install                   +
  gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
  gmake: *** [all] Error 2