[Freeswitch-users] Confused with event content lengths

Nik Middleton nik.middleton at noblesolutions.co.uk
Sun Jun 28 11:49:18 PDT 2009

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to parse events in C++ for an outbound socket.  The docs are
a little contradictory, so I wonder if someone could help me out.

As I understand it and event is terminated with double LF's (\n\n)
However if there is a Content-Length header the wiki very confusingly
says

'Content-Length is the length of the event beginning AFTER the very next
LF only line ("\n") and inclusive the trailing LF/LF pair ("\n\n")'

BUT the example says it's after the \n\n in the header!! Which is it?

In addition, it also looks like the event body is also terminated by a
\n\n.  If this is the case, why do I care about content length value,
can't I simply read until I get the termination sequence?

Regards,