[Freeswitch-users] Compiling freeswitch for Dragonfly BSD

Vincent vince.freeswitch at hightek.org
Thu Jun 25 14:49:10 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:19:51PM -0400, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 09:15:30PM -0500, Vincent Stemen wrote:
> > Ok.  I did this.
> >
> > Compilation still failed but there are significant improvements since
> > the last time.
> >
> > Here is what I did and the results:
> >

> It looks like some the games that sofia plays with errno makes Dragonfly
> unhappy. I also noticed that where the code checks for BSD-like systems
> (*BSD and OSX) in libsofia-sip-ua/su/sofia-sip/su_errno.h, DragonFly is
> omitted, so obviously one of the first steps would be to fix that (if
> applicable).
>
> If you disable mod_sofia in modules conf, do the rest of the default
> modules build OK?

OK.  I commented out endpoints/mod_sofia.  It looks like that eliminated
all the errors except the one I get at the end.

  making all mod_spidermonkey
  cd config; gmake -j1 export
  cd pr; gmake -j1 export
  cd include; gmake export
  cd md; gmake export
  ../../../config/./nsinstall: cannot make symbolic link /u1/falcon/ports/freeswitch-20090623/work/freeswitch-20090623/libs/js/nsprpub/dist/include/nspr/.: File exists
  gmake[9]: *** [export] Error 1
  gmake[8]: *** [export] Error 2
  gmake[7]: *** [export] Error 2
  gmake[6]: *** [export] Error 2
  gmake[5]: *** [/u1/falcon/ports/freeswitch-20090623/work/freeswitch-20090623/libs/js/libjs.la] Error 2
  gmake[4]: *** [all] Error 1
  gmake[3]: *** [mod_spidermonkey-all] Error 1
  gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

So, it looks like most all the problems, except for that symlink error,
including the pointer cast warnings, are related to the sofia module.

I notice a lot of the modules seem to be redirecting the output
somewhere.

Not only do they just say Error 1 or Error 2 when there is an error, they
also do not show the compile commands.  They just output something like
"Making built-sources in su" or "Compiling src/switch_apr.c ...".  Is
there a log file somewhere that contains the actual compile commands and
error output so you can find out what happened when there is a error?
Or perhaps a configuration to enable it to come out on the console?

> For the record, DragonFly and FreeBSD have rather seriously diverged at
> this point, DragonFly forked from FreeBSD back in the 4.10 days or so
> and has changed a *lot* of things since, so I don't think it's gonna be
> quite as easy as you expected (but it's far from impossible either).
>
> Andrew

True, architecturally Dragonfly is becoming very different.  They seem
to be trying to maintain fairly good API compatibility though.  Enough
to constantly allow them to bring across major sub-systems, such as
sound and SATA drivers, etc, from FreeBSD.  So far, they have been
pretty good about correcting it as soon as possible whenever one of us
finds an incompatibility (Such as the RLIMIT_AS issue).

Usually, all I have to do is add "-D__FreeBSD__" to CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
to compile packages that do not natively know about Dragonfly yet.
Which is what I am doing with freeswitch.