[Freeswitch-users] Compiling freeswitch for Dragonfly BSD

Vincent vince.freeswitch at hightek.org
Thu Jun 25 13:44:56 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:53:23AM -0400, Michael Jerris wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2009, at 10:15 PM, Vincent Stemen <vince.freeswitch at hightek.org> wrote:
>
> > Here is what I did and the results:

> > Checked out the current trunk with svn.
> >
> > Patched /usr/include/sys/resource.h
> >
> > Since Dragonfly has fixed or will be fixing this future releases I
> > patched the
> > system header to add RLIMIT_AS rather than patching freeswitch to use
> > RLIMIT_VMEM.
>
> Can we make a patch ifdefing on RLIMIT_AS to make this always work
> without patches to system header files?

Thanks for the responses Michael.

I did this for attempting to compile freeswitch-1.0.3 and trunk as of
a couple months ago.  It would not apply to the current freeswitch trunk
though.  Apparently there have been changes to that area of the code.

Since RLIMIT_AS is apparently a posix standard definition, I think this
is fixed in Dragonfly HEAD and should not be a problem with future
releases.  I could go ahead and make a new patch when I get a chance if
you still want me to, for compatibility with older Dragonfly releases.

> > Compiling
> > =========
> >
> > Still lots of warnings of:
> >    warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
> >
> > Errors:
> > It is apparently not checking return codes from make.  It continues
> > even when
> > there are errors.  Is this intentional??
> >
> >  su_alloc.c: In function `su_salloc':
> >  su_alloc.c:1518: warning: return makes pointer from integer without
> > a cast
> >  gmake[9]: *** [su_alloc.lo] Error 1
> >  gmake[8]: *** [all] Error 2
> >  Making all in features
> >           LTCOMPILE features.lo
> >
> >  Making all in sresolv
> >           LTCOMPILE sres.lo
> >           LTCOMPILE sres_cache.lo
> >           LTCOMPILE sres_blocking.lo
> >           LTCOMPILE sresolv.lo
> >           LTCOMPILE sres_sip.lo
> >  sres_sip.c: In function `sres_sip_new':
> >  sres_sip.c:267: warning: return makes pointer from integer without
> > a cast
> >  gmake[8]: *** [sres_sip.lo] Error 1
> >  Making all in ipt
> >           LTCOMPILE base64.lo
> >           LTCOMPILE token64.lo
> >           LINK libipt.la
> >
> > There are about 12 errors of this nature before ending with
> >
> >  Making all in nua
> >           LTCOMPILE nua.lo
> >  nua.c: In function `nua_create':
> >  nua.c:141: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
> >  nua.c:144: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
> >  gmake[9]: *** [nua.lo] Error 1
> >  gmake[8]: *** [all] Error 2
> >  gmake[8]: *** No rule to make target `iptsec/libiptsec.la', needed
> > by `libsofia-sip-ua.la'.  Stop.
> >  gmake[7]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >  Making all in packages
> >  gmake[6]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >  gmake[5]: *** [all] Error 2
> >  gmake[4]: *** [/u1/falcon/ports/freeswitch-20090623/work/
> > freeswitch-20090623/libs/sofia-sip/libsofia-sip-ua/libsofia-sip-
> > ua.la] Error 2
> >  gmake[3]: *** [mod_sofia-all] Error 1
> >  gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >  Making all in build
> >   +-------- FreeSWITCH Build Complete -----------+
> >   + FreeSWITCH has been successfully built.      +
> >   + Install by running:                          +
> >   +                                              +
> >   +               gmake install                   +
> >   +----------------------------------------------+
> >  gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >  gmake: *** [all] Error 2
> >

> Can you post a bug to Jira.freeswitch.org with all these warnings,
> even better with patches to fix it.
>

> > It says it has been successfully built.  Apparently part of the same
> > problem of
> > not checking the return codes.
> >

> Patches to fix this appreciated

Heh :-)  OK.  If I get it working and we end up using freeswitch, I will
probably take a look at seeing if I can fix some or all of these
warnings and create patches.