[Freeswitch-users] Problem with handling unanswered calls for a managed redirect

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Tue Jun 23 09:36:56 PDT 2009

On Jun 23, 2009, at 11:31 AM, Richard Lamkin wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good way to do the following;
>
> 1 - I want to be alerted [via the event API] to a new incoming  call.

See below.. ie park.  You should get an event via event socket you can
decide what to do.

> 2 - I do not want that incoming call to be answered but just stay
> ringing.

Can't really do it that way.. you can answer it but then you're
responsible for generating ringback.  And billing starts when you
answer it.

> 3 – Then via the API I want to send a redirect command to push the
> call off to a new destination of my choice, I do not want to use the
> answer/deflect sequence.

Try using park ... this way you put the call in limbo and you can send
the call commands at your leisure.

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_park

> So far I’ve managed
> 1 -  I see on the incoming call on the event API
> 2 – I used sleep 180000 (3 mins)  see rule below.
> 3 – failed - because the rule is executing a sleep command and I
> cannot break in with my redirect.

Brian West
brian at freeswitch.org

-- Meet us at ClueCon!  http://www.cluecon.com