[Freeswitch-users] Open source Java based inbound event socket library available

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Jun 20 17:57:50 PDT 2009

paul.degt wrote:
> Yes, that's one of the reasons. Another point is that GPL v.3 is defined
> more clearly from legal perspective, at least from our legal adviser
> point of view.

While the legal status of MPL is widely considered to be vague, is GPL 3
any better? GPL 2 is pretty sound, and has stood the test of time.
However a number of large companies have banned their employees from
working on anything involving GPL 3 code, because of legal
uncertainties, especially with regard to patents.

Steve