[Freeswitch-users] Failure Causes in an Originate Statement with |

Matthew Fong mattdfong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 23:16:35 PDT 2009

I have two providers and want to first try to originate the call with
provider A, and if that fails on certain failure causes attempt to originate
the same call with provider B.
Normally I would do this using an | in the dial string like originate
sofia/gatewayA/123456|sofia/gatewayB/123456

but I do not want it to fail over on failure codes like USER_BUSY or
NO_ANSWER because then I'm simply wasting the second carrier's
resources. instead I would like to set a which error codes are considered a
failure. The wiki notes a failure_causes channel variable for bridged calls,
but this does not seem to work in an originate statement like

originate
{failure_causes='RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE',continue_on_fail=false}sofia/gateway/
gatewaya.com/1XXXXXX |sofia/gateway/gatewayb.com/1XXXXXX 5000

Can anyone recommend a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do...preferably
w/o mod_lcr?

Thanks.