[Freeswitch-users] call quality problems in conference

Victor Toofic toofics at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:20:05 PDT 2009

Hi all!

I'm having some troubles with call quality using conferences. The
scenario is like this:

An agent makes a call to freeswitch and enters in a conference room
waiting for outbound calls; on the other side there is an application
generating outbound calls and when one is answered it is assigned to the
first agent available, so the outbound call enters in some of the
agents's conference room (it is some kind of semi-predictive dialer).

I'm using conferences because we need special features like monitoring
or whispering to the agents.

There are times when some of the outbound calls that enter in a
conference room have really bad quality: broken/choppy voice, echo, etc,
Something like this:

 http://www.voiptroubleshooter.com/sound_files/40pct_rand_plc.wav

This occurs in 20%-40% of the outbound calls. I know it might be because
of the jitter or packet loss with our voip provider.

But.. this hardly occurs when the agents dial manually (using the bridge
app); when dialing manually the problem (when it ocurrs) is always
unperceptible. Thats why I think the conference room is aggravating the
problem.

Im using the 'jitterbuffer_msec=180' in the originate command and the
same in the dialplan (when the agents log-in).

What do you think is happening here?
Am I missing something? Any guidance will be really appreciated!

Thnks!!

--
Regards..
Victor Toofic