[Freeswitch-users] Weird (or expected) behaviour on record/playback using ESL?

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se
Thu Jun 18 00:07:22 PDT 2009

I'm not quite sure if this is the expected behaviour, I just wanted to make sure.

I've developed a simple IVR application using event socket. I dial in to the dialplan and park the call, and then I let the IVR application do whatever it's supposed to. I basically listen for DTMF events and play and record files.

Today I just noticed that if I issue a "api uuid_record <uuid> start <filename>", and then do a file playback (using SendMsg, with call-command execute and execute-app-name playback), the playback is sent both to the caller, and to the recorded file. Is this the way it's supposed to work, or should I playback files in another way?

/Peter