[Freeswitch-users] mod_php needed

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:27:33 PDT 2009

A good start would probably be:

example of making an inbound connection from script to FS and execute a
FSAPI command, like status or show channels.
example of making an inbound connection and listening for events and
printing them serialized.
example of an outbound socket connection where the call is answered, a
variable is set then perhaps play one of the pre-installed files and hangup.

That last one could be demonstrated using a native socket server or by using
ivrd, a little mini forking daemon
I added to listen for socket outbound calls and determine a script from
channel variables and call that script assuming to use stdin/stdout as the
socket. (kinda like agi's)

I think that if everyone pooled their experienced together you could
probably produce a wrapper that would allow you to use some of your legacy
agi code with ESL, naturally you would have to change the names of the apps
and a few other things but there is a lot to build on here.

I left this portiion of the system where it is so that the community and how
it's most commonly used will drive the direction the top layer of code
takes.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:12 AM, William Suffill <william.suffill at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Any suggestions of what would be a good example in PHP using ESL to
> document? I'll take a stab at writing something up this week but it would
> help to have some idea what would be useful. I've used it and got it working
> but rather document a generic real life example versus my unique use cases.
>
> -- W

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/