[Freeswitch-users] Is Freeswitch ready for prime time?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Jun 15 03:35:02 PDT 2009

Paul Mahler <paul at ringcarrier.com> wrote:
> I have a large project coming up. I'm interested in using Freeswitch
> instead of SER and Asterisk.
>
> What is the current status of Freeswitch? Can I safely use it in a
> large scale commercial environment? How active is the Freeswitch
> developer community?

Others have already addressed most of your questions. I would like to point
out, however, that the FreeSWITCH developers offer support, by way of a
consulting service, on a commercial basis. If you're running FreeSWITCH in a
commercial setting and encounter complex issues that require expert advice or
attention from developers, consider entering into a consulting contract. This
will also help to fund the project and ensure that the development community
remains as active as we all want it to be.