[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch and Exchange 2007

Drago Totev drago at windstream.net
Sun Jun 14 16:11:27 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I am trying to set a test environment with FS and Exchange 2007.

Followed the instructions listed here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Exchange_2007_UM and it does not seem to
work. Thus far I use the default settings, one ATA registered and confirmed
to work.

According external source:

"MS Exchange does not understand 'From' fields with domain name in the
address (example: field containing <sip:100 at 3CXPhoneSystem> address).The
'From' field's address to be in the format '<sip:DN at IP:Port>'; otherwise, MS
Exchange drops the call."

I don't know if this is the only problem. However, I see exactly this
behavior:

"PBX initiates call to MS Exchange by sending a SIP INVITE message to the
5060 port of MS Exchange. MS Exchange sends 302 (Moved Temporarily) response
to PBX asking to repeat INVITE to a different port (5065 for example). After
PBX repeats the INVITE sending, the call is established."

After "302 (Moved Temporarily", FreeSwitch bombs and closes without any
record in the log.

Can someone help with working configuration, please? Exchange 2007 UM role
Version: 08.01.0359.002

Thanks in advance.

Drago