[Freeswitch-users] RFC2833 double-digits

Ben Jones benj at teliax.com
Fri Jun 12 11:59:14 PDT 2009

Hi all,

We're running into a problem with rfc2833. Here's the situation:

A registered SIP endpoint sends DTMF as rfc2833 to our FreeSWITCH.
The FS console shows it receives the digits once.
We send the call to a tier-1 carrier
The digits are played read back, but often the first several digits are
repeated, i.e., 'Sorry, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4 is not a valid password' when
the user entered '1234.'

When I was testing this recently, the call was sent to a Cisco gateway,
which the documentation* states has problems with rfc2833, just like
Sonus gateways, although that should be fixed past revision 10744.

When using inband, everything works great. We are using
start_dtmf_generate in the outbound dialplan. DTMF to tier-1 providers
is inband. My initial thought was that the tier-1 was receiving rfc2833
and inband, but it's not consistent.

I'm sure more information will be requested of me to help troubleshoot,
so please let me know. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

*http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/RTP_Issues

--
Ben J. -- Support Engineer II
Teliax, Inc - Denver, CO