[Freeswitch-users] Caller id when doing transfers

John Wehle john at feith.com
Thu Jun 11 14:17:34 PDT 2009

> It appears from some limited testing that the original caller id is always
> shown when the call is transfered.  Is there some way to have the person
> making the transfer show up as the caller id?

To answer my own question it appears that the information is available
in the sip_h_Referred-By variable.  E.g.:

  <extension name="system25_park">
     <condition field="destination_number" expression="^\*5$" />
     <condition field="${sip_h_Referred-By}" expression="^<sip:([0-9]{4})@.*$">

allows the station id making the transfer to be known when a call is
transfered to *5.  The station id can then be used to park the call in
the proper fifo.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john at feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |