[Freeswitch-users] Live Upgrade Techniques

John Dalgliesh johnd at defyne.org
Thu Jun 11 11:24:10 PDT 2009

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 at 10:42 -0700, Michael Collins wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Michael Giagnocavo <mgg at giagnocavo.net>wrote:
>>
>>  Exactly. You probably want to have something like this anyways, so that
>> when someone accidentally unplugs the system, or the disks/CPU/RAM crash,
>> you’re not stuck.
>>

>> That is, until FreeSWITCH can record its internal state to some
>> inter-machine memory so we can have hot failover. ;)
>>

> I think that's going to be in 1.0.5. :)

I'm still too much of a noob to be certain that's a joke :) ... but FS
core already does record much of its internal state... to a DB, right? It
just has to not clear that out on startup and problem solved!

OTOH there will be a bit of trouble getting the internal state out of all
those modules and libraries... in particular sofia :D

{P^/