[Freeswitch-users] Rejecting calls without answering

Metik freeswitch-users-list at metik.com
Thu Jun 11 09:53:28 PDT 2009

Although a little overkill, RFC3398 also describes some desirable interop
behavior between ISUP, ISDN and SIP.

(From "7.2.4.1 ISDN Cause Code to Status Code Mapping")

[...]
   ISUP Cause value                        SIP response
   ----------------                        ------------
   1  unallocated number                   404 Not Found
   2  no route to network                  404 Not found
   3  no route to destination              404 Not found
   16 normal call clearing                 --- (*)
   17 user busy                            486 Busy here
   18 no user responding                   408 Request Timeout
   19 no answer from the user              480 Temporarily unavailable
   20 subscriber absent                    480 Temporarily unavailable
   21 call rejected                        403 Forbidden (+)
   22 number changed (w/o diagnostic)      410 Gone
   22 number changed (w/ diagnostic)       301 Moved Permanently
   23 redirection to new destination       410 Gone
   26 non-selected user clearing           404 Not Found (=)
   27 destination out of order             502 Bad Gateway
   28 address incomplete                   484 Address incomplete
   29 facility rejected                    501 Not implemented
   31 normal unspecified                   480 Temporarily unavailable

[...]
Resource unavailable

   This kind of cause value indicates a temporary failure.  A 'Retry-After'
header MAY be added to the response if appropriate.

   ISUP Cause value                        SIP response
   34 no circuit available                 503 Service unavailable
   38 network out of order                 503 Service unavailable
   41 temporary failure                    503 Service unavailable
   42 switching equipment congestion       503 Service unavailable
   47 resource unavailable                 503 Service unavailable