[Freeswitch-users] Clarification on start_dtmf_generate?

Ben Jones benj at teliax.com
Wed Jun 10 10:34:04 PDT 2009

Hello all,

The documentation has this to say on start_dtmf_generate:

As an example, Placing this in the Dialplan prior to bridging a call,
will allow a phone set to rfc2833 ( info ) to send DTMF tones (in-band )
out to the recipient (IVR) or Auto Attendants. Thus changing the
outgoing routing from (info) to (in-band).

 From what I understand rfc2833 != info.

Does this mean if a user is set for rfc2833 OR info that FS will
generate inband tones to send out? Does it only generate tones for info?

If I can get any clarification on this I'll be more than happy to update
the documentation.

Thanks,
Ben J
--